Updated: 05 Jun 2021
Returns & Refund
All products are eligible for returns EXCEPT for the following purchases:
- Offers/ Clearance/ AS-IS Products
- Customised/ Special Altered Products
- Products that require assembly On Site
- Modular Wardrobes and Bedroom Sets
- Products that are not in new and unopened condition
- Products that have removed their original packaging, washed, stained, used, torn, dented, discoloured, damaged and/or with traces of fragrance or odours.
Sofaandbed.sg Pte. Ltd. has full discretion to decide whether any item is in a condition suitable for return and reserves the right to reject any returns that we deem unfit for return. Returned products must be in resellable condition, unused and undamaged with their original packaging fully intact.
Return request must be made within 7 days from the delivery date to be eligible. The refund will exclude fees paid for:
- Delivery Location
- Delivery Timing
- Staircase delivery
Please understand that delivery is a hard cost, there is a pick-up delivery charge of 20% of the price paid for the item or a minimum fee of $40, whichever is higher. You will be refunded as below:
Amount Refunded = Final Price Paid - Delivery Fee - Other Fees (If any) - Restocking Fee (20% of Price Paid or $40, whichever is higher)
While some businesses build in return fees into their prices, we charge only when you require to return. This way, you are not paying for the returns and shipping costs of other people.
If you decide to return/cancel an order or an item that has been purchased with a discount code applied, the amount refunded will be subject to the minimum spend of the discount code. This means that if the items returned bring the remaining total below the minimum spend of the discount code then the discounted amount will be deducted from the refund. For example, a $100 discount (with a minimum threshold spend of $1000 – excluding the delivery charge) will be removed if the returned product(s) brings the total order value below $1000.
We might charge you additional fees during the return trip.
The charges are listed as follow:
- Staircase return pick-up charges (as indicated on our website) should your premises be inaccessible using the lift.
- Return pick-up location surcharge: For returns of products to selected locations, delivery surcharges that were charged to these selected locations will not be refunded. Should the returns require to be done in these surchargeable locations, the surcharge will be charged for the returns again.
- For deliveries after 6pm, a surcharge of $40 applies.
Subject to the availability of our logistic resources, the date and time of the pickup of the item you wish to return will be allocated to you. Unless prior arrangements have been made with Sofaandbed.sg Pte. Ltd., requests for returns made directly at our warehouse will not be accepted.
Our Return and Refund policy is applicable for local orders only. Products that are exported out of Singapore mainland is not applicable.
Refunds for payments made via cash on delivery or credit card will be processed within seven (7) working days. Customers who have paid via credit card/Instalment Payment Plan methods will be refunded via the original mode of payment.
Refund of payments made via PayPal will be in accordance to PayPal’s refund policy.
Right to Reject at your Doorstep
You are protected by our “Right to Reject” policy for all qualifying products you purchase at Bed and Basics. When the products are delivered to you, you are entitled to reject any qualifying products during delivery that are not up to your expectations without incurring charges. If you decide to return your products after the delivery team has left, it will be processed under our returns and refunds policy.
Step 1. When the delivery is made you will be required to examine the product(s), check the condition of the packaging, ensure that the correct number of packages has been delivered and ensure that the product(s) delivered to you is free of defects.
Step 2. You will be presented a proof of delivery form (POD) to sign and acknowledge. If there are any issues, you should detail them accordingly in the POD. If there are subsequent disputes raised regarding the condition/ quantity of the products(s) received upon delivery or other issues, we will refer to the POD.
Step 3. If you require courier assistance with unpacking the product(s) for inspection and/or assistance with disposal of packaging, please request for it.
If you choose to waive your option to inspect your product(s) upon delivery, Sofaandbed.sg Pte. Ltd. will not be liable for any alleged damages or defects discovered after our courier leaves your premise.
If you opt for contactless delivery, Sofaandbed.sg Pte Ltd will not be liable for any alleged lost or destruction of property, damages or defects discovered after our courier leaves your premise. We will take a photo of the item(s) as proof of completed delivery. We strongly advise customers to be present for inspection upon receiving goods.
Request for returns of goods without original packaging will be rejected, subject to Sofaandbed.sg Pte. Ltd. terms and conditions.
Damaged or Defective Goods
Sofaandbed.sg Pte. Ltd. warrants that all furniture to be free of defective materials and workmanship. Warranty periods vary by product, commencing from the date of delivery.
If, during the warranty period, a product is deemed defective due to a manufacturing defect, Sofaandbed.sg Pte. Ltd. will repair or replace part(s), at Sofaandbed.sg Pte. Ltd. option. This Warranty covers the replacement or repair of any product that has a manufacturing or material defect that is not the result of normal wear and tear, misuse of product, or a natural characteristic of the material used.
This Warranty is not transferable and any subsequent purchaser buys the product ‘as is’, is without the protection of the Warranty. The warranty does not cover products used for commercial purposes.
Subject to the availability of our logistic resources, the date and time of the pickup of the repair or exchange of the defective item will be allocated to you.
Any claims will have to be emailed to email@example.com attached with photos/videos of defects and order number. Please provide a photograph of the whole item (the whole item should be visible in the photograph). A close-up photograph of the defective area, or the area that requires servicing/repairs. We will request for more details when required. If you require our assistance to go to your location for assessment, an assessment fee of $40 shall apply before our courier heads down. If it is found to be a manufacturing defect, we will refund you the assessment fee in full.
LIMITATIONS AND EXCEPTIONS
- Proper care and usage are essential to preserving your rights under this warranty. This warranty does not apply if your Sofaandbed.sg Pte. Ltd. furniture is damaged by using detergents, abrasives or other harsh cleaning agents.
- For natural wood products, colour, grain, and texture variations are natural characteristics of authentic wood surfaces and are evident in every piece of wood - making each piece unique. Natural wood products will exhibit unique grains, scars, knots, splits and fissures.
- Slight variances in the delivered product's measurements is to be expected and is not considered a defect, especially for products that contains foam, wood or springs in the materials.
- This limited warranty does not cover damage resulting from negligence, abuse, normal wear and tear , or accidents: including (but not limited to) burns, cuts, scratches, tears, scuffs, watermarks, indentations or pet damage.
- The warranty does not cover pest infestations introduced by external sources and/or existing infestations at the delivery address.
- We will not be liable for any damage to property or injuries from improper usage of furniture. For example, pushing a bulky furniture that is not designed for pushing (unless stated) may result in damage to property and injuries. Please take precautions such as having floor protectors when using or moving the furniture around. When in doubt, please contact our customer service team.
- All photos in this website are provided by the manufacturers and efforts are taken to ensure accurate representation of the products as possible. However, due to lighting or photo taking constraints, product's actual color may vary slightly from the photo. Sometimes it might be due to the different settings on your display screen. Different batches of productions might also vary slightly in dimensions or color. We cannot guarantee that the color you see accurately portrays the true color of the product.
- The warranty does not apply if the product is used outdoors with the exception of furnitures designed specifically for outdoor usage.
- Any product modification by consumer or other parties not authorised by Sofaandbed.sg Pte. Ltd. will void this limited warranty.
- This warranty does not cover items purchased as ‘Studio Pieces’ or designated as ‘AS IS’ at the time of purchase and products not purchased directly from Sofaandbed.sg.
- Sofaandbed.sg Pte. Ltd. decision on all issues relating to complaints as to defects either of workmanship or materials shall be final and conclusive. Any decision to repair or have part(s) replaced shall be at Sofaandbed.sg Pte. Ltd. sole discretion.
- Any item repaired or replaced under this Limited Warranty will be covered by the Limited Warranty for the remainder of the original warranty period only.
- This warranty covers in respect of manufacturing defects detected within the warranty period, the cost of material components, replacement parts, labour and transportation charges.
- For servicing that is not covered under manufacturing defects warranty, charges start at $40, and are subject to change depending on the items or parts which needs to be serviced. Sofaandbed.sg Pte. Ltd. reserves the right to impose charges for additional materials if the required repair works involve the procurement of materials which are not available at the time of request.
- In respect of manufacturing defects detected after warranty period, the cost of material components and replacement parts, with all labour charges and transportation costs (if any) to be covered by the Purchaser. Any decision to repair or have part(s) replaced shall be at Sofaandbed.sg’s sole discretion.
- Sofaandbed.sg reserves the right to refuse further services under circumstances whereby it is determined by the company that the repeated efforts of the company and its staff are unable to meet the demands of a customer.